SUPERAntiSpyware is an easy-to-use tool that will quickly scan your entire PC for spyware, then remove anything it finds at a click.
The program can check your memory, Registry, startup locations, cookies, and all (or selected) folders on your PC for potential threats, and is able to uncover everything from tracking cookies to trojans, rootkits to rogue security products.
This Free Edition can only run on-demand scans, so it's no substitute for a full-strength antivirus tool. This simplicity does mean that you can run SUPERAntiSpyware alongside most other antivirus packages without any conflicts, though, so it's the perfect choice if you're looking to add an extra layer of security to your PC.
And if you want more, then the Professional Edition adds many extras: scheduled scanning, real-time protection, automatic updates and free email support, amongst other features. It's yours for $29.95 and you can find out more at the SUPERAntiSpyware site.
Build 6.0.1240 brings these changes (see changelog for more):
- Add the option to allow an exception for SUPERAntiSpyware in the Windows Firewall (Help screen)
- Consolidate the troubleshooting options into one Safe Mode Scan checkbox (Help screen)
- Streamline registration code entry (Help screen)
- Workaround for an issue where SUPERAntiSpyware will not start if the user elects to run as Administrator under the Compatability tab
- Refinements to cookie scanning and detection logic
- Numerous small cosmetic fixes including updated copyright dates and a link to our Facebook page
- Misc. bug fixes